Physical and Occupational Therapy after a Stroke (Cerebral Vascular Accident/CVA)
At Capstone, we offer therapy services, including physical therapy (PT) and occupational therapy (OT), to help restore function, mobility, and strength after a stroke. A stroke can affect many aspects of your function. By working with PT or OT, the likelihood of restoring strength, balance, motion, and coordination can be significantly improved.
Physical therapy treatments after a stroke may include:
- strengthening exercises
- range of motion and stretching activities
- balance retraining activities
- recommendations for safety and assistive devices
Occupational therapy may include:
- evaluations for safety equipment
- education regarding activities of daily living
- modalities or custom splint fabrication
Therapists at Capstone are experts in rehabilitation and will work with you to return to the activities you enjoy most.